Watchin' God Book One - Listed Alphabetically

">

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Crocheted Pumpkins

A friend invited me to her church's craft fair, so I've been looking for stuff to make to use up supplies in my outrageously cluttered craft room/office.  Enter my subscription to AllFreeHolidayCrafts dot com.  And the most adoreable little crochet pumpkin!  http://livingthecraftlife.blogspot.com/2010/10/fall-pumpkin-or-halloween-jack-o.html

My version  
 

This is the inspiration piece. 
 Somewhere I have a whole huge cone of cotton yarn that nice color of peach.  But not where I could find it...  However, there was a skein of verigated boulce yarn just doing nothing.  And a recent addition of a skein of brown cotton yarn.  I wonder, says I to myself, what a pumpkin made with the boulce` would look like??  In my stash of stuff in the closet is a bunch of stuffing removed from a chair cushion, so that was taken care of.  I love my stash...

I can't count stitches to save my neck, so it's a good thing my little pumpkin doesn't show definition of stitches!  It didn't turn out so badly, huh?

Makes a nice pincushion for yarn needles and crochet hooks, too.

Perhaps next I'll make a rust orange pumpkin from cotton.  There is that craft fair coming up, you know?   My school teacher friend in the Philippines needs a lot of upgrading done to the building to keep the government happy.  Proceeds from the craft fair will go to her.  http://www.igmgo.org/nelly-hiquiana-philippines-good-news/

I needed several fast projects (considering the very short attention span of yours truly), the supplies were all here, and Nelly will get bookshelves!  It's so much fun watchin' God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Your comments me keep me going! I mean, seriously, if no one comments, how do I know if anyone is actually reading this blog?? :-)